Preparation for the onsite review involves a wide range of activities, including:
- Identifying cases to be reviewed.
- Preparing case records for review.
- Scheduling case-related and stakeholder interviews.
- Assembling the review team and preparing reviewer schedules.
- Planning travel, lodging, and other logistical arrangements.
- Providing training to members of the review team.
- Distributing review-related materials and technology to the review team.
Responsibility for these activities is shared between the Children’s Bureau Central Office, the Children's Bureau Regional Office, the State Central Office, and various Local Site Coordinators. The Child Welfare Reviews Project also plays a significant role in the logistical planning that takes place for an onsite review and provides a variety of other resources for the Children's Bureau and State.